Wednesday 14 March 2012

Lesson Three: Stop Trying to Be Perfect... You are Messing Everything Up!

So it was midnight, and based on my traumatizing experience yesterday with my out-of-control class, I was trying to make my lesson perfect. I had spent three hours looking for a video that they might like, as well as  finding visual props and re-arranging my lesson over and over. Finally my helpful, but tired and frustrated, boyfriend came up to me and yelled, "Stop trying to be perfect, you are messing everything up!" At this point, I would only get six hours of sleep, I was sick and I was not getting anything accomplished. The point of this experience is to learn -- in fact in education, teachers are learning all the time.


Take Chances, Make Mistakes and Get Messy! ~ Mrs. Frizzle

No comments:

Post a Comment